The Art of Being Human


I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about today.  Feeling scattered. 
I know what's technically on the day's agenda:
  • Attend meeting with a group of amazing, creative, entrepreneurial females.
  • Go to work for a few hours.

But there's always more than that on my mind and in my heart. 
Mind:
  • Light a candle, do laundry, vacuum the apartment, wash my hair, feed myself, write grocery list, buy groceries, read a book, check agenda items off list, connect with other humans...

Heart:
  • Compassion, excitement, fear, wonder, determination, love, and so much more, in varying amounts and combinations. 

And more and more. I'm feeling busy, but not at ease in it. I have worry of being swept away; not grounded; losing connection with my Self; becoming lost; forgetting something... These happened in my past when I thrived on being "busy", therefore, "productive." But, I define these words differently now...

Lastly, I'm acknowledging these summer-like days. I went to the beach yesterday. Read spiritual stories of female writers. Heart-hurting in the background, feeling troubled about a beloved friend's struggles. When walking, I saw a dead bird splayed on the sidewalk, chest ripped out... I immediately connected with the metaphor. 

Life has so many layers.  It is not linear.  And it is filled with contradictions. I am breathing through it all. Giving myself love, gentleness, and patience. I suppose this is the art of being human.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Lost

Having an Open Heart

Grain by Grain...