Getting Lost


Sometimes I get Lost. 
Feeling overwhelmed.  Too much information. All external. 
Not sure where to go.  Wandering around in circles.
No direction.  Every direction.

Time to regroup.

Pressure. Idea that "bring in-motion is best", but getting nowhere.

Bombarded with others' maps and suggestions.
Only I know the way for my Self.

How to get centered, and find MY way:
A Plan of Internal Action

STOP MOVING
Do not take in new information
REST
Breathe.  
Let the panic dissipate

Then

1.  Take stock: 
What do I have right now, in this moment? Resources, skills, connections...
2.  Create a compass: 
Where do I want to end up?  What are my passions; what gives me life? 
Letting the goal arise from this. It is authentically mine.
3.  Create a map: 
How can I create a path to my goal, with what I have? 
Are there mini destinations I have to focus on first? 
Integrating imagination; seeing many possible paths. 
4.  Take. One. Step. At. A. Time:
Remaining open; allowing room for opportunities, growth, and change. 
Keeping the compass close; staying clear on the destination. 

Comments

  1. Couldn't have come at a better time. I'm ready to throw in the towel with everything coming in fast. No traction means no traction means stop anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Having an Open Heart

Grain by Grain...