Busy as Distraction


Busy.  Distracted?

I become distracted by being "busy."  
In the past, I often used "busy" as an excuse to avert my focus from what's harder/scarier: 
My own goals. 
Ah, distraction as a defense mechanism...

Since the start of 2018, I have been living in an "in-between" period.
A transitional space.
So much unknown to keep me busy!
Becoming overly involved in my external environment
Distracted. 
Making connections, yes, but NOT keeping my personal goals close and clear.

I am envisioning:
My heart's goals, my passion's goals as
A solid core 
Surrounded by the details 
(people, places, circumstances, timeline) 
that are
Unknown and flexible
Completely controlled 
By the creativity of the universe
(Not me...lol)

How do I remember?  How do I not get lost in life's details (willingly or unwillingly)?

For me, I talk to friends about my goals (so they can gently hold me accountable).  I write about my goals to instill them in my mind.  I make vision boards.  I try to get specific about where my passion intersects with my needs.  I write lists on my phone to re-read in the few minutes before I go in to work.  I write reminders on my bathroom mirror with dry-erase marker.  I meditate.  I go for walks.  I let there be silence and stillness in my life.  I go to the beach and I speak frankly to the ocean. 

What are some ways you keep your heart's goals in sight?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Lost

Having an Open Heart

Grain by Grain...