Accepting Emotions

Portion of Water Lilies by Claude Monet

Been thinking about my ever-changing world of emotions.  Every day contains a multitude of emotions:
Excitement, hope, joy, exasperation, disappointment, determination, confidence, confusion, dejection, relaxation, calm, sadness, yearning/nostalgia, love, gratitude, delight, curiosity, tenderness, resignation, nervousness, impatience...

That was just yesterday!  Not sure if that combo constitutes a "good" day or a "bad" day... It was a "day."

I am working on observing all of these emotions, and refraining from creating a story or assigning them meaning.  It is tremendously freeing to acknowledge I don't have to come to a conclusion about it at all!  

This, then, becomes my work on acceptance of the present moment AND of the inevitability of change.
I am accepting of all of these magnificent feeling experiences, without judgment and without needing them to involve any other person.  
I am wallowing in my individual human-ness!

Acceptance is keeping me afloat amidst my emotional landscape, instead of being pulled and defined by every solitary emotion!  
It's not always easy to accept and observe emotions; it is a practice to try each day, in each moment. 

What do you notice when you observe your emotions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Lost

Having an Open Heart

Grain by Grain...