Every Day is Different


Something I've have been realizing lately...
Every day is different.
My initial reaction to this is anxiety.  I want to have control. Want to plan. Want to KNOW.

Then, I say it again:  Every day is different.

I try letting it sink in... Slowly softening and opening to the truth of it.  Looking past my knee-jerk reaction/rejections of the thought.
Allowing myself to see the opportunities and excitement in this truth.

When I'm feeling discouraged/groundless/grasping, and through this lens of discouragement, I foresee more bleakness in the future... 
I remind myself: Every day is different. 
This reiterates that I DON'T know. And that's a good thing. 

Even when I have an established routine.  This routine reassures me (falsely) that I know what to expect of my days.  This knowing may even lead to an element of boredom/restlessness because "Everything is planned out."

But, really: Every day is different.  Look at the details.
I have new things to learn daily. There are more unexpected doors appearing/opening. 
Possibilities are always expanding. 

Every day is different.  And I'm finding myself incredibly grateful for this fact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Lost

Having an Open Heart

Grain by Grain...